Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walletd Service on Shared Hosting?
Brick 
Hey,

A quick question. I understand that BBSCoin plugins for MyBB or Discuz or SMF will need a wallet service to function. But, the problem is many people run these open source forums on shared hosting which means they don't have a dedicated server or VPS which comes with CLI or shell access.

So Shared Hosting = No CLI or Shell access.

Most of the Shared Hosting providers support SSI and Cron Jobs. How do you think your forum integration will work in these scenario?

Do you have a guide or tutorial for it? Your forum integration idea will not be successful if these drawbacks are not taken into consideration.

I want to know your opinion and suggestions for implementing the BBSCoin on shared hosting.

Thank you!
You need a VPS or dedicated server to run this service. And it can be installed in remote server.
It only cost $1.5-$2.5/mo

If you don't have an execute permission, you can't sync the block chain.

For shared hosting, we have a plan after the Web Wallet release.
(02-13-2018, 11:51 AM)bbscoin Wrote: You need a VPS or dedicated server to run this service. And it can be installed in remote server.
It only cost $1.5-$2.5/mo

If you don't have an execute permission, you can't sync the block chain.

For shared hosting, we have a plan after the Web Wallet release.

That's great. I have introduced your plugins to many of the site owners I know. The major problem is most of the small discussion boards run on shared hosting and it's very very important to have something which supports it.

Will wait for the plugin development. Still great job!
My Chinese friends are suggesting a IPN/API based plugin for Discuz. This will work best for shared hosting. Hope it will be up on the official Discuz site soon Smile
(02-14-2018, 08:47 AM)altminer Wrote: My Chinese friends are suggesting a IPN/API based plugin for Discuz. This will work best for shared hosting. Hope it will be up on the official Discuz site soon Smile

Yes, API mode is our plan, it depends on Web Wallet.
I wish for the MSI not to install the maintenance service files. Why are they included if they can not be used?