Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical Feedback for BBSCoin Plugins
Exclamation 
Congratulations Dev on listing the coin on a exchange and for the web wallet testing. I saw your tweet few minutes ago.

I have installed the Discuz plugin on one of the corporate sites. Unfortunately, I cannot share the access to the forum for others to see since it's on a company server.

There are 100's of altcoins on the web. A new coin's success depends on the uniqueness and the usefulness of it. I am trying to maximize the usefulness of BBSCoin rather than simply mining and selling it. 

After thorough testing and feedback, I have collected some great feedback for the Discuz plugin until now.

Usercase:
As mentioned above, I have enabled the Discuz plugin on a Chinese corporate forum which supports application software coding issues. The forum workflow is as below,
1. UserA requests a bug fix for an app and attaches the source files.
2. UserB studies the source code and proposes a modified code.
3. UserA accepts it and requests the modified source files with bug fixes.
4. UserB uploads the modified source files as an attachment with a price attached to it. 
5. UserA has to use the forum points to download the attachment. So, UserA uses the plugin to convert BBSCoin to forum points to download the attachment.

So far, everything is good. But, the problem begins here.
6. UserB receives the points from UserA for providing the attachment.
7. UserB converts forum points to BBSCoins and withdraws it to his wallet.
8. UserA finds that the modified source code doesn't fix the problem and requests a refund.
9. UserB disappeared with the BBSCoins and admin cannot reverse the points to UserA.

So, the site has now become a scam place simply to earn BBSCoin.

Now that you have successfully tested the web wallet, I think you will be working on API based plugins for forums. 
Since I am referring Discuz plugin here, please add a method in plugin where the admin has to approve the withdrawal instead of complete forum member control.

Proposed ideal workflow should be as below,
UserA needs to download an attachment -> UserB uploads on the forum for forum points -> UserA downloads after transferring his points to UserB -> UserB wants to convert it to BBSCoin -> ADMIN/MODERATOR APPROVES WITHDRAWAL (acts as an Escrow logic/system) -> UserB receives BBSCoin to this wallet.

The crucial step here is admin or some forum member with higher rights needs to approve the BBSCoin withdrawal similar to Escrow.

Please add this feature on the next version of plugins. If not, I don't see an easy adoption of BBSCoin plugin on forums.

Atleast for Discuz first so I can introduce BBSCoin to many other forums which will increase it's value over a long period. Smile
Hi,

Thanks for your great feedback.

I will check this point and find out a solution for this problem.
(03-07-2018, 05:31 AM)bbscoin Wrote: Hi,

Thanks. When are you planning to release API plugins for forums?
(03-08-2018, 10:53 AM)altminer Wrote:

We're almost done the transaction module, but there's still a lot of work to do.
If you want, we can invite you to append an alpha testing when we available.
great~~~~
(03-08-2018, 11:52 AM)bbscoin Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 10:53 AM)altminer Wrote:

We're almost done the transaction module, but there's still a lot of work to do.
If you want, we can invite you to append an alpha testing when we available.

Sure. Let me know once you are done. Hope I can contribute  Idea
I don't know how much has been looked into since then, but another way in this case would be to have an approval system in its place instead of making the item purchasable.

The person asks for an issue and adds a bounty on it. The bounty then gets reserved in the account (not withdrawable)
So when the person uploads, in this case, the fixed source code and marks it as the solution, then one of the following can happen:
1. User looks at it and it works for him, approves the solution and the user with the solution gets the bounty.
2. User is not happy with it yet, marks back as unsolved and the bounty state stays
3. A time limit is set so when the user doesn't respond in something like a week, the bounty gets automatically moved to the person with the solution
4. If any of them are in disagreement, a mod or admin can look into it and decide if it should be finalized or nothing happens.
Amazing progress so far. When is your planned release for Web wallet and plugins?
(04-08-2018, 01:23 PM)altminer Wrote: Amazing progress so far. When is your planned release for Web wallet and plugins?

We will release Web Wallet first in one or two weeks. The interface for plugin will be later than this time point, we need some time for online debugging.
Plugin for Web Wallet is done, the source is open for everyone in GitHub, but not tested also.
(04-09-2018, 07:06 AM)bbscoin Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 01:23 PM)altminer Wrote: Amazing progress so far. When is your planned release for Web wallet and plugins?

We will release Web Wallet first in one or two weeks. The interface for plugin will be later than this time point, we need some time for online debugging.
Plugin for Web Wallet is done, the source is open for everyone in GitHub, but not tested also.

I think it's high time to start implementing the plugins on websites. I have convinced few webmasters to implement the plugins on their Chinese sites.

The plugins have been installed on Discuz sites until now. Can you tell me how to implement?

在线钱包站点ID(使用在线钱包时填写)
在线钱包站点Key(使用在线钱包时填写)
Walletd或在线钱包服务地址

What to add in these fields?

I don't want this coin to die. Let's get them started. I see a very low hash rate now!